Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Shop hop road trip!

I bought a new car last week and my husband and I were itching for a road trip. We headed out early Saturday morning for Vermont. I had mapped out a couple of quilt shops that I wanted to explore (and surprisingly the hubby agreed!) and a couple of other specialty shops and we headed out for our adventure. We ended up in Chester, VT for one stop that turned out to be an awesome quilt shop called Country Treasures.



I met a woman from New York who has been working on a quilt for 25 years. She started before she was married for her first "future" child. That child just entered college this year and she is determined to finish it now. She cross stitched 24 squares (over the years) and added a beautiful fabric border. She brought it in to ask the shop ower's advise on how to hand quilt it. We all told her she should keep it very simple to highlight her cross stitched squares. Since she doesn't have a blog.....yet, she took my email and promised to send some pictures. I'll share them once I get them from her. Now I don't feel so bad about my 7 year UFO's. LOL



I bought this pattern to make for my bedroom. It's the Cozy Cabin by Thimbleberries.




Then we found this great Farmer's market. We bought a bunch of veggies.

We bought some Spelt bread which I had never had before. It was quite delicious!


Check out the purple peppers. I grew up on a farm but had never seen or heard of these before!


these are some handmade soaps that each had their own scent. Very nice! My favorite was the lilac.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tickled that you stopped by to visit my quilting kitchen! I treasure and respond to every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...