Monday, October 19, 2009

Super Fun Craft Day with

two of my girls on Saturday, Faith (middle 26) and Rachel (my baby 24). Cindy (oldest 30!) was busy with her twins on an outing.

This is Faith; yes, you guessed it. The DWR is for her. This week-end I was able to assemble the entire top with the extra side pieces!! I put the finishing touches on it this morning. Now for the layering and quilting.... I found a beautiful heart pattern that looks like a huge flower that I will attempt. I have never done more than stippling so I am excited to try it out on my new extension table. That is my project for this week. Stay tuned for pictures; I plan to document the quilting progress. (I just LOVE to torture myself)

Rachel's pup, Mella, came along to keep her aunt Bonnie (my dog) company. She's giving Faith "good job" kisses.

She cut out ALL the burlap numbers for the 12 Days to Thanksgiving Advent calendar!! YAY!! My arthritic fingers are very thankful for her young hands and happy heart.

Enough for 5 of them!! This is the giant stack that we assembled complete with batting and backings. We also got all the background fabric, batting and borders cut and ready for assembly for all five calendars. That's a lot of pockets to give thanks with!! Good days work.


Rach was working on a top secret special Christmas gift for someone. I'm under strict orders not to post more details, but let's just say that it involved T--Shirts; cutting wheels and left over sleeves that double quite nicely as a night cap. :) I love this picture of her.

Twin night caps....do you think we look more like sisters than mother and daughter? Ok, I'm fishing here, but who can blame a girl for trying?


This is just outside my sunroom window looking out toward the lake. October 18th will go down in history as the earliest blizzard I've encountered to date. At certain points it was near white out conditions.

Thankfully we didn't have much in the way of accumulation. Although our neighbors in the next town got just enough to make mini snowmen!! I wish I had my camera this morning on the way to work this morning so I had pictures to show you.
Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. WOW, you're sure busy with the quilting and sewing projects. My hands would be crying like babies so know what you mean about having Rachel, your daughter who looks like your sister -smile- around to help.
    We saw snow on the mountain but none down here in the valley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS Momma.. I DID NOT KNOW THOSE PICS WOULD BE POSTED!!! ok, ok i have to admit i don't mind hahah... This was a FABULOUS post :) and it's funny that the pics which were NOT planned at all, worked in perfectly!!! I love you, and i LOVED our craft day... can't wait to see the finished products!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness i just had a thought!!! you know how i am planning on using this most fantastic DWR in the nursery .... well MAYBE we could write on it somewhere: all because 2 people fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your DWR is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete

So tickled that you stopped by to visit my quilting kitchen! I treasure and respond to every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...