Friday, November 13, 2009

Secret Squirrel Gift Unveiled

My son Adam, turns 29 this Saturday. He has been struggling with some health issues lately. Thank you to all who have prayed for him recently. He is having some issues with his heart and will need to have surgery soon to correct the problem. My husband, 3 daughters and one SIL are planning a road trip out to see him in Missouri. (We all live in MA). It's about 1150 miles to drive. We're a little nuts, but we LOVE a good road trip! We leave tomorrow.

To celebrate his birthday, I made him this quilt. It's made from corduroy and light weight home dec fabrics that I had in my stash. The first shot shows it on my table after I pin basted it.  A little L.L. Beanish don't ya think?


You can see a close up of the colors.


I tried for a few different angles to capture the true colors. I used a wavy quilting stitch in the ditch with invisible thread. Click on the picture for a close up. I added a few squares with flowers because he said they reminded him of me. Awe. How could I deny that!


It looks really yellow here. The picture above this one is more true to the colors.
I had 2 friends at work hold it up for me. Thanks guys!


My first attempt at a pieced back; all flannels. You can see my little picture label up in the left hand corner. Click on the picture for a close up of the quilting on the back. Then scroll down for a close up of the label.


I used a permanent marker to write on the label. It's tradition for me to make my labels with the marker, so I don't usually get any fancier than this. :)


I'm tickled pink to be delivering this one in person!! YAY!!

Happy Birthay Adam!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your quilt (perfect for a man!) and love your sweet label! I hope your son does well with his surgery. I'm sure you will be happy to have it over with and have him on the road to feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could my heart not be doing awesome with such a great Mom and perfect quilt! Best Bday ever! Thanks Mom...and Dad :)
    -adam

    ReplyDelete

So tickled that you stopped by to visit my quilting kitchen! I treasure and respond to every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...