Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy New Curtains

I needed new curtains for my bathroom. I searched through my stash and found this lovely Chinz fabric that I bought ages ago and never had a project for it. Well, it matched my bathroom perfectly!! I can't believe that I never thought of it before now.



If you notice on the bottom of the curtains that I added a row of white it's because I didn't have quite enough fabric to make them long enough.......sooooo.....I had to get creative and make "designer" curtains. Necessity is the mother of invention you know!















I added a row of narrow white edging to the top so that they would match. I'm quite surprised and very pleased with the results.















I was on a roll so I decided to cover the little stool that I keep for the grandkids so they can reach the sink.






















These pictures are from "Home Interior Designs". Does anyone remember that company?














3 comments:

  1. Trying this again because this was such an awesome post full of lovely sunshine, happiness and beautiful pictures! Love the stool, the new header, the curtains-just everything! Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the watercolor effect on the fabric for the curtains. You did a smash up job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, thanks for stopping by The Hut and your sweet comment. As you saw I am an avid seashell collector and my home is full of them!

    But, I am drooling over your curtains and your quilts! I recently got the directions to make a ragged quilt and directions for a yo-yo quilt. Simple, I know, but they look like they would be fun and easier to make than one of your beauties.

    ReplyDelete

So tickled that you stopped by to visit my quilting kitchen! I treasure and respond to every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...