Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Starting off with finishes!

I'm heading off to the first quilting class that I have taken in quite some years. But this one is on bindings. You can never learn enough about bindings. It's the finish for the quilt and often times the most difficult to become an expert at. I'm by no means an expert, so I will be passing along any good tips that I learn. Hand binding comes out great, it's the machine binding that is tougher to master I think. What is your experience with bindings?

In the mean time, I am trying to hurry up and finish a quilt that I've been working on for the last 7 years. Yup, I did say 7!! It's a fabulous "fall" quilt with all the glorious Autum colors to boot. I'm doing simple stippling, but it's taking forever. I think because it's for me and I sometimes feel like I'll have to give it away if I finish it. Sounds nuts, but I usually give away everything that I make. I only have a few pieces that I've kept. I'll post some pictures later in the week. I want to finish the quilting so that I use the new binding techniques that I learn in the class.

2 comments:

  1. you are definitely an EXPERT of binding :) You taught me and now I am obsessed with it. You are my number one inspiration for quilting. I can't wait to see what you learned at the class!!!
    love you mom,
    janel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my blog!! I'm still in the trial stages, but it's very fun to have a place to share my passions. You are an inspiration to me too. I'm so excited to share this with you. I wish I could pop by and quilt with you!!
    Love you lots!
    ~M

    ReplyDelete

So tickled that you stopped by to visit my quilting kitchen! I treasure and respond to every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...