Monday, October 5, 2009

Blustery Day is finished!

It's finally finished! Once I decided to machine stitch the back of the binding rather than hand stitch it (I have arthritis in my hands so it's difficult to work by hand), I worked on it and the rest of the quilting around the leaves this weekend and it is done!! YAY. The 7 year project is now checked OFF my UFO list. I'm very pleased with the results.

The are sample squares for my 12 Days of Thanksgiving wall hanging. These were all in my "pile of leaves post from Saturday". I decided not to purchase the new Moda fabrics because I have so many delicious fabrics to use up before more shopping can be done!
This is one of the lay out choices with a dark green background.



Here it is with a tan background. I like them both.
Do you think I need more pockets with bolder patterns? I still need to cut the numbers out to put on each pocket.
I'm thinking of using this twine instead of ribbon as a hanger. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love the twine idea; I use it quite often myself. Kind of gives something a more rustic, country prim look, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE the quilt - beautiful - great job, Kate!!

    P.S....Thanks for posting a comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

So tickled that you stopped by to visit my quilting kitchen! I treasure and respond to every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...