Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pillow Talk

My daughter, Rachel, made this awesome Welcome wallhanging for me a couple of years ago. Along with this incredible gift she gave me the left over fabric YAY!!


I am working with the following options for a pillow design. I want to make two pillows and plan to use large green piping along the edge. What do you think? Here is a 9 Patch design that I cut into 4 sections rearranged; thanks to my friend Wanda from Exuberant Color. I also made a pinwheel design using the same fabrics but a different method. That one will have to wait until tomorrow; I forgot to take pictures of it this morning........what can I say? I'm out of Starbucks coffee so my morning brain is a little off!! LOL

Or this.....

This is just a show off of a quilt that I made for my husband a few years ago. YES, it's actually finished. hahahaha. My daughter, Rachel, helped me with the design of the top. I had all of the quares done but couldn't come up with a good lay out that I liked. She came over and in 5 minutes (Yes I mean 5) came up with this and called it "Hugs and Kisses for Daddy".


This is a close up to show the border and the corner block. See the fall leaves? These are also the colors in our house. We are Autumn fanatics!!
Thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tickled that you stopped by to visit my quilting kitchen! I treasure and respond to every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...