Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Just in the nick of time!

I finished the 12 Days of Thanksgiving Calendar for the twins this morning. My daughter's MIL let me come over and use her embroidery machine to write the "Give Thanks".........



And the family name at the bottom.

I need to run the craft store today at lunch time to pick up a little wooden leaf for them to move from pocket to pocket on each day. So cute. I can't wait to bring it them tonight. We leave for our road trip to St. Louis tomorrow night to see my son and DIL so I have to deliver it a bit early. I'm so excited!
This is the little book that I put together that they will use each of the 12 days.

The little strip of white at the top of the page says what they are thankful for. For example. This one says "I'm thankful for my friends. Today do something nice for your neighbor".  I picked a coordinating scripture to go with it. Luke 6:31 "Do unto others as you would have them do to you" that they can practice and memorize. The bottom one says, "I'm thankful for my teacher. Today write a letter to your teacher to tell them how much you appreciate them". Scripture reference: Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path".



I made 5 all together but didn't get a chance to photograph all of them before I went to work today. They all have different borders. I'm hoping to have the rest posted for the Friday finish post for AmyLouWho's challenge. I also finished my special secret squirell project but you'll have to come back Friday for that one!! I have to deliver it first and I don't want to spoil the surprise.....shhhhh. It's our little secret. :)

Godspeed!

1 comment:

So tickled that you stopped by to visit my quilting kitchen! I treasure and respond to every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...