Monday, August 3, 2009

What's in the Kitchen? New recipes!

I have a fabulous new recipe to share with you today. It's a brown rice & chicken dish that is not only healthy but "bowl friendly". My favorite! This recipe was created by my husband, Rick.


Brown Rice & Beans with Chicken




Recipe:
1/2 c brown rice, cooked (ready rice or long cooking)
1/2 c black beans (canned, well rinsed or fresh soaked)
1/4 c corn (frozen, thawed or fresh)
1/3 c shredded cheese (low fat)
1/4 c salsa (I used ChiChi's mild, but use the one you like best)
2 oz cooked chicken breast (Can use Tyson's frozen grilled strips, cooked )
1/4 c brocolli, cooked (fresh or frozen)

Directions:
Place in a soup size bowl and cover with shredded cheese. Heat for 2-3 minutes and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tickled that you stopped by to visit my quilting kitchen! I treasure and respond to every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...