Monday, November 2, 2009

Creeping along

I bet you thought I was going to show some post halloween creepy crawly thing didn't you? No, this is how I feel my projects have been going.

It sure has been taking a LOT longer than I thought to make these this 12 Days to Thanksgiving project. I'd like to blame it on the pattern design but I have to admit that it's user error. :0) I have been sidetracked with other things lately like 5 pair of pants that needed hemming; dust bunnies that were taking over the entire house and linens that were in desperate need of a trip through the washer. I'm happy to report that I am all caught up with my household duties........ok not really but enough to not feel so guilty. (are you picturing my sheepish grin?)

I've also been working on a super special, super secret squirell gift for someone very close to my heart that I can't tell you any more about because I don't want to give the surprise away. Let's just say it has something to do with 8" squares and flannel.'nough.said. shhhhh!!

My wallhangings are coming along nicely; albiet slowly. BUT I'm all impressed with myself that I got them started so early just in case there were delays. And lo and behold there were delays; so we're still good. I shot some pictures of the different borders that I've used. The affect should be lovely. I'm getting excited to see how they will turn out once the pockets are attached. I did all of the decorate stitching this morning around the outside edges. I couldn't get a good picture of that because my flash was too bright and it was still dark at my house this morning at 5 a.m.


Corn husks. Love the colors on this one with the tan background. You can see my pins on the edeges.

These flowers are a nice combo with the green backing.

You can see my several wallhangings stacked up waiting for attention. I experimented with several to see what they would look like. I have better pictures when they are finished. Which should be soon!
2 different borders here. On the lower one I tried to get in close to show the blanket stitch just inside the borders. Sorry for the poor lighting. Very cool verigated thread. It's been fun using it on this project!


My faithful 15 year old Viking #1. It was one of the first "computerized" machines to hit the market in a big way.


So exicited!! Can you see my brand new extension table? I just picked it up to help me to better handle larger size quilts. It has proven to be very helpful with even the smaller pieces that I have been working on. I bought this spray on glide stuff that helps the fabric slide across the top much easier. I'll have to snap a picture to show you which one. It work great. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tickled that you stopped by to visit my quilting kitchen! I treasure and respond to every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...